Friday, January 13, 2012

If I Were in Charge of the World


IF I WERE IN CHARGE OF THE WORLD

BY: Judith Viorst
Adapted by: McKena Stocks


If I were in charge of the world
I’d cancel Monday mornings,
ALL food allergies,
HOMEWORK and also,
Hot, hot summers with no air conditioning.


If I were in charge of the world
There’d be castles on every corner,
Free electronics and,
Ice cream at every meal of every day.


If I were in charge of the world
You wouldn’t have diseases,
You wouldn’t have shots,
You wouldn’t have eggplant,
Or bedtimes earlier than 10:00,
You wouldn’t even have bedtimes.


If I were in charge of the would
Students would be teacher and teachers would be students,
Everyone would be genius,
All veggies would be desserts,
And a person who sometimes doesn’t clean their room,
And sometimes forgets the broom,
Would still be allowed to be,
In charge of the world.

2 comments:

  1. I love this piece! It's so creative, and I love all of your opinions about everything! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riah!! The encouragement helps to let me know to kep writing stuff like this.

      Delete

Reading

I love to read, if it is a good book that is. My favorite genere is Realistic Fiction. I enjoy to read books when the main character is a "young adult." I like to read books were i could put myself in the main characters place. Below I have added some books that i recommend to people:



1. The Clique series:

a. The Clique - Done

b. Best Friends for never - In Progress

c. Revenge of the Wannabees - open

d. Invasion of the Boy Snatchers - open

e. The Pretty Committe Strikes Back - open

TO BE CONTINUED


2. The Palace of Mirrors

3. Things Not Seen

4. Hoilday Concert

5. The Help

6. Hunger Games

7. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants


8. The List - Might not be appropriate because it is pretty gory and they swear a lot in the book.